Saturday, September 08, 2012

Russ -

Hi everyone,
We leave in a couple of days and we've done pretty well all of the prep work.  We have walked the last four days in a row, yesterday being the longest walk of 24 km.  Linda had a scare yesterday about her little toe getting pinched so we will be keeping a close eye on that.  Endurance-wise we're quite ready so it kind of boils down to the feet ... avoiding blisters, etc.

Tomorrow we say goodbye to our comfy bed, nice shower, comfy furniture, etc.  Eight weeks away.  I'd remind myself about why I'm doing this, except I haven't quite figured that out yet.  I'm hoping for insight into that as we go along.

I think most of our updates are going to be text, without the benefit of photos.  This is because we can't get photos onto the Ipod while we travel.  We hope to be able to use internet cafes once in a while and perhaps upload a few photos on those occasions.

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment