Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Prague

We spent several days in the "city of a hundred spires", and despite the high summer temperatures and throngs of tourists, we think we did it justice! Highlights for us included St. Vitus Cathedral (in the Castle complex) and a one hour cruise on the river, but since we were getting around mostly on foot, we were constantly in awe of the architecture we were seeing everywhere! The buildings are so ornate - I was amazed that whenever I looked up, there were usually statues and/or gargoyles looking down at me!
We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and the prices were reasonable (especially after Denmark). Beer was plentiful and really tasty. Since every establishment serves a particular brand of beer, the only decision you have to make is light or dark, small or large! I had an app on my phone that indicated if we were in a tourist zone or if we were "local" - I think that helped steer us to some good restaurants. I think our favorite meal was duck, but we also had an obscenely big pig knee one night that was good, and rabbit on our last night. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the lovely strudel which we sampled twice.
We are now back in Denmark for one last night with our friends, then tomorrow we fly to Iceland.
Here are some photos of Prague.....














No comments:

Post a Comment